NEXT STEP:




(Thomas Kinkade's 'Garden Painting')

Before going ahead with my own drawings, I wanted to try out my main idea on Thomas Kinkade's painting. And so I opened up 'Paint X Lite' and uploaded the painting.
I then went on to go over the painting with a few brush effects. First was 'Brush' which was a thick block colour texture in pink on the blossom trees. I then changed the brush to 'Coarse Bulk 3' which was a softer brush with a smudge effect. The result is shown above ^^
I then went on to use 'Coarse Bulk 2' on the rest of the painting which resulted in an abstract looking painting.





















Here is the outcome to using brush effects over Kinkade's painting. As you can see by the gates in the back of the painting, I have added a tall black figure using the 'Coarse Bulk 3' brush in black.


here is the painting again, however I have applied more of the brush in black to create a spreading effect.













This time I have made the black figure look as if it is getting closer as well as continuing to spread in the background





The figure gets closer and closer as if it's walking along the path, and the background gets darker and darker.











And then here is the transition, where the background is in complete darkness, and the black figure has take all of the colour and beauty.









 And then the figure slowly fades away.





And so next I decided to put all of these images together in a video to get an idea of movement and template for my final piece.

Here is the result:




















No comments:

Post a Comment