IDEAS FOR CHARACTERS:

File:Grim-reaper-shadow.jpg

Thinking about my setting, the original idea was to have a figure come along and take all of the beauty and nature surrounded and replace it with darkness. I then started to think about dark fictional characters, such as vampires, fallen angels, and the Grim Reaper.

The Grim Reaper is the idyllic character in which I imagined for my animation. The idea of this angel of death coming along and taking all things beautiful, and turning them into darkness is my main aim. However I don't intend on presenting any type of action from this character, only a subtle walk followed by darkness.

I found this picture above from a website called 'Wikja' where it is given a subheading 'The Story of Senor de Muerte'. I was unable to find the name of the artist for this piece, however I was fascinated by the dark image. The beautiful colours of the background and moonlight help exaggerate the dark figure.

And so for my final piece I hope to create my own dark angel with a similar subtlety to the above image.

No comments:

Post a Comment